Prep time: 10 minutes, cook time: 20 minutes, Serves: 4
¼ cup olive oil
½ cup red onion, chopped
2 tsp garlic, chopped
½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
½ cup green bell pepper, chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 tbsp. flour
2 cups chicken broth, low sodium
½ cup tomato, seeded & chopped
2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
4 cod filets
- Set to sauté on med-high heat and add oil to the cooking pot.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add the peppers, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring frequently about 2-3 minutes,
or until peppers start to get tender.
- Stir in the flour and cook until it turns a light brown.
- Pour in the broth and cook, stirring, until smooth and the sauce starts to thicken.
Stir in tomato and thyme.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper. Place in the pot and add the lid. Cook 3-4
minutes, then turn the fish over and cook another 3-4 minute or until fish flakes easily
with a fork. Transfer the fish to serving plates and top with sauce. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 249 , Total Fat 14g, Total Carbs 11g, Net Carbs 10g, Protein 19g, Sugar 3g,
Sodium 1107mg, Potassium 393mg, Phosphorus 343mg