Prep time: 10 minutes, cook time: 25 minutes, Serves: 4
1 tbsp. butter
½ onion, chopped fine
1 clove garlic, chopped fine
1 cup Arborio rice
5 cups water, divided
1 cup clam juice
1 tbsp. olive oil
½ lb. small shrimp, peeled & deveined
½ bunch asparagus, cut in 1-inch pieces
¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Add butter to cooking pot and set to sauté on medium heat. Once butter melts, add
onion and garlic and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the rice and stir to coat with butter mixture. Transfer mixture to a 1-quart
- Pour 1 cup water and clam juice over rice mixture and cover tightly with foil.
- Pour 2 cups water in the cooking pot and add the rack. Place the rice mixture on
the rack, secure the lid and set to pressure cooking on high. Set timer for 10 minutes.
- When timer goes off release the pressure quickly and remove the baking dish
carefully. Drain out any remaining water.
- Set the cooker back to sauté on med-high and heat the oil. Add the shrimp and
asparagus and cook, stirring, just until shrimp start to turn pink.
- Add the shrimp and asparagus to the rice and stir to mix well. Recover tightly with
foil. Pour 2 cups water back in the pot and add the rack.
- Place the rice mixture back on the rack and secure the lid. Set to pressure cooking
on high and set the timer for 4 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, release the pressure quickly. Remove the foil and stir.
Serve immediately sprinkled with parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 362, Total Fat 11g, Total Carbs 45g, Net Carbs 41g, Protein 20g, Sugar 2g,
Sodium 623mg, Potassium 443mg, Phosphorus 362mg